03 Sep Raw Layered Berry & Vanilla Cheesecake
Base Ingredients 1 1/2 cups Almonds 1 cup pitted dates 1/2 cup desiccated coconut Pinch Celtic sea salt (or Himalayan)
Vanilla layer ingredients – 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight) 1/3 cup lemon juice 1/3 cup raw honey 1/3 cup melted coconut oil Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean 1/2 cup filtered water Berry layer ingredients – 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight) 1/3 cup lemon juice 1/3 cup raw honey 1/3 cup melted coconut oil Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean 1/2 cup filtered water 3/4 cup frozen berries (or fresh)
Base Method –
1. Process the almond in your food processor using the S-blade (normal blade) until they turn into fine crumbs (do not over process or the nuts will become too oily).
2. Add in the dates, coconut & salt and process until well combined.
3. Pinch some of the mixture between your fingers to check whether it is sticky and if it isn’t add your spoon of water and blend again.
4. Put baking paper onto the bottom of a 8 or 9 inch springform pan and press the base mixture evenly out with a spoon until it is flat and smooth on too (dip your spoon in water to stop it from sticking to the spoon)
5. Place in freezer.
Vanilla Layer method –
1. Rinse the cashews well under water and put them into your blender with the lemon juice, honey, vanilla & water. Blend on high speed until creamy and smooth. Keep blending until you get this texture.
2. Add the melted coconut oil (make sure you add this last) and blend until completely combined. If it doesn’t seem runny enough add a touch more water.
3. Pour over base and pop it in the freezer to set
Berry Layer method –
1. As above but add your berries with the cashews, lemon, honey, vanilla and water. Once combined add the coconut oil last.
2. Once the vanilla layer is firm, pour over your berry layer and place in the freezer to set. Done Decorate it with fresh berries and coconut & you can take it out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving if you want it to be soft… Or it can be eating straight out of the freezer if you like it cold. Xxxxxxx